Laser hair removal is the process of removing unwanted hair with the use of pulses of laser light to help lift the hair follicle to eventually fall off. This slows down the process of hair growth, however it is not guaranteed to permanently remove the hair. Keeping in mind laser hair reduction is not 100%, industry standard is 70%-90% in the hairs and hormones play a role in hair growing back. These treatments are recommended to be every 4-8 weeks depending on the area of the body and to be consistent with treatments in order to see change in hair cycles.
What laser do we use?
The Elysion diode laser emits a targeted light energy that is absorbed by melanin in the hair follicle. The light energy is converted to heat, which destroys the hair follicle and prevents further growth for between six to eight months.
Why should you get laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is perfect for clients who experience unwanted body and facial hair. This helps speed up the process of upkeeping. Drop the razors and book a laser hair removal appointment!
– No waxing or tweezing before or in between treatments, recommend to shave in between sessions;
– No tanning lotions or creams;
– No use of Accutane 6 months prior to laser treatments;
– Avoid sun exposure for about 1 weeks prior, make sure skin is not sunburned;
– Avoid any photosensitive medications prior to treatment;
– Avoid any topical antibiotics and retinoids up to 2 weeks prior to session.
– Immediately after your treatment, you may experience redness, swelling and itchiness avoid scratching or touching, instead soothe with ice pack or aloe vera gel;
– May notice the smell or burned hairs, this is normal after your session;
– Makeup application is appropriate after the skin has return back to its original state, about 48 hours after;